Information Provided on 1810 Census:
- Third U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 7.2 million (6.0 million free, 1.2 million slave)
- Census conducted by U.S. marshals under the direction of the Secretary of State.
- Census day: 1st Monday in August (6 August 1810).
- Mandated copies: One set, sent to the federal district court. Same copy ordered sent to the U.S. Secretary of State in 1830.
- Names of family head
- if white, age and sex
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®