Information Provided on 1830 Census:
- Fifth U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 12.9 million (10.9 million free, 2.0 million slave)
- Census conducted by U.S. marshals under the direction of the Secretary of State.
- Census day: 1 June 1830.
- Mandated copies: Two sets, one sent to the federal district court, the other to the Secretary of State. This was the first federal census to supply enumerators with uniform, printed forms for recording names.
- Name of family head
- deaf and dumb
- foreigners not naturalized.
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®