Information Provided on 1860 Census:
- Eighth U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 31.5 million (27.5 million free, 4.0 million slave)
- Census conducted by U.S. marshals under the direction of the Census Office appointed by the U.S. Secretary of the Interior.
- Census day: 1 June 1860.
- Mandated copies: Three sets, one to the county court, a second to the secretary of the state (or the territory) and the last to the U.S. Secretary of the Interior.
- value of real estate
- value of personal estate
- whether married within the year
- school attendance
- whether deaf and dumb
- blind, insane, idiotic, pauper, or convict
- number of slave houses.
- Supplemental schedules for slaves, and persons who died during
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®