Information Provided on 1880 Census:
- Tenth U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 50.2 million
- Census conducted by the Superintendent of the Census (Census Office, U.S. Department of the Interior).
- Census day: 1 June 1880.
- Mandated copies: Two sets, one an abbreviated version to the county court, full version to the Superintendent of the Census.
- relationship to family head
- marital status
- month of birth if born within the census year
- months unemployed during the year
- sickness or temporary disability
- whether blind, deaf and dumb, idiotic, insane, maimed, crippled, bedridden, or otherwise disabled
- school attendance
- literacy; birthplace of person and parents.
- Supplemental schedules for persons who died during the year.
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®