Information Provided on 1900 Census:
- Twelfth U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 76.2 million
- Census conducted by the Director of the Census (Census Office, U.S. Department of the Interior).
- Census day: 1 June 1900.
- Mandated copies: One set, to the Director of the Census Local jurisdictions could buy a copy of their schedules at cost.
- The original census schedules were destroyed in the 1940s after being microfilmed.
- name: relationship to family head
- marital status, number of years married
- for women, number of children born and number now living
- birthplace of person and parents
- if foreign born. year of immigration and whether naturalized
- occupation; months not employed
- school attendance
- ability to speak English
- whether on a farm
- home owned or rented and if owned, whether mortgaged.
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®