Information Provided on 1920 Census:
- Fourteenth U.S. decennial population census.
- U.S. population: 106.0 million
- Census conducted by the Director of the Census (Census Bureau, U.S. Department of Commerce and Labor).
- Census day: 1 January 1920.
- Mandated copies: One set, to the Director of the Census. Local jurisdictions could buy a copy of their schedules at cost.
- The original census schedules were destroyed in the 1940s after being microfilmed.
- relationship to family head
- marital status
- if foreign born, year of immigration to the U.S., whether naturalized, and year of naturalization
- school attendance
- birthplace of person and parents mother tongue of foreign born
- ability to speak English; occupation, industry, and class of worker
- home owned or rented
- if owned, whether free or mortgaged.
Volunteer to Transcribe | Transcriber's Info | State Census Index | Site Map
Online Census Inventory | The USGenWeb Census Project | Mortality
narrow your search results put Last Name first inside quotation marks.
EXAMPLE "Smith, John"
© The USGenWeb Census Project ®